• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

See this badboy?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!

Ya... thats next on my list.

Снайперская винтовка Драгунова or Dragunov Sniper Rifle. It's a big evil scary looking semi-automatic "assault rifle" with a 10 shot mag that chambers a 7.62x54R round. It could turn your head into ground beef. :shifteyes:

Soviet rifles are bad ass. I'll probably get one around Christmas time considering they are about $800-$1000 dollars.

YouTube - Dragunov sniper rifle

p.s. This is my 4,000th post :D

Twitch

Registered Member
What classifies this as an assault rifle? Because it is semi-automatic?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Correct me if I'm wrong pro, but wouldn't the fact that it has a removable magazine alone be enough to classify it as an assault weapon under the proposed renewed AWB?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
According to how congress classifies them, it's either 1. Because it's scary looking or 2. It has a pistol grip, it's black, it makes a loud noise, it has that thing that goes up :lol:

Seriously though... I have no clue why some are and some aren't. Government in their all knowing wisdom just felt like it.

Read this thread to understand more http://www.generalforum.com/divisive-issues/little-objective-research-51431.html

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
It looks cool, except giant holes in the butt of the rifle always looks lame to me.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
It looks cool, except giant holes in the butt of the rifle always looks lame to me.
It's a sniper rifle... it has to have a pistol grip/full stock... thus the hybrid.

Moki

Registered Member
The Dragunov has been on my wishlist for years. I can only find Romanian and Chinese models though. I want the bloody Izhmash SVDS or Tiger but I might break down and pick up the Romanian or convert a Saiga .308 into a clone.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Not to be rude or anything Pro, but do you think part of the reason people mock you or are abrasive with you from time to time is because of the way you mock them first?

Just saying.

Nice gun though.