Security

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Do you feel more safer at home having the pet you do?

I only feel a little bit safer with my dog at home. Only because she isn't a angry dog and probably wouldn't attack anyone if they tried to break in or something. The only way she makes me feel a little bit safer is that if someone looks at the house and sees the dog they might not want to risk it lol.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Uh not really, if a robber got in the house, my dog would treat him like he knows the robber for ages. The dog is yappy and dopey.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Well I have a hamster and he wouldn't scare off a spider so he's not going to make me feel safe. He does have a nasty bite on him though!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Well I have a hamster and he wouldn't scare off a spider so he's not going to make me feel safe. He does have a nasty bite on him though!
Knowing your pet, I would have not believed you if you posted yes to this thread.

My pets never affected my sense of security at home. They just make good companies if you're alone but they don't add to safety feelings.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I feel safer having the Girls (my 2 dogs) at home with me and my family. They do their jobs well. They are the most loving dogs I have ever owned but when the time comes that we need them to guard the house I feel sorry for anyone who tries to break into our house while away and heaven help them if they try to come in while we are home. The are extremely protective of the family.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I feel safer as well, dogs can warn you by their bark if someone is trying to get in the house, also they'll protect you, or try the best they can.

I had a Rothweiler mixed with a lab before, he was used as a guard dog in my dad's garage. It was a beast, everyone was afraid of it. One night someone tried to break in the garage, my dad heard the dog barking around 2 in the morning so he went to check outside from the window and all he saw was a flashlight running away. The dog scared the shit of him. The next day we checked aroundand we saw footprints in the garden, so it was clear that someone tried to break in. I think your safer with a dog in my opinion.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I feel secure with my dogs. When I hear them barking, I always look outside the window to make sure that there are no intruders.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Yes I do think that i feel more secure with my dogs at home, they won't attack or bite anybody but what they will do is bark really loudly when there is something alive outside and moving around that humans can't see.

Loud dogs when things are near the house = security.

But if somebody actually breaks in I'm on my own my dogs aren't helping me.