• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Security Blanket

Iris

rainbow 11!
Do you guys have a security blanket? Did you have one? When did you stop using it?

I do. It's just this little blanket my mom got for me about four years ago. I got so used to sleeping with that I pretty much need it. I tend to bring with me whenever I'm sleeping at a friends house. >.> I know, a 17 year old with a security blanket.

MR BLANKIE!!! he's like two ft. by two ft. and was a quilt made by my g-ma for my aunt or something. he had strawberry designs on him and is kind of holey but i love him to death, i still sleep with him sometimes.

i remember once in kindergarden i took him to school for some reason and we had this row boat in the classroom that i used to nap in and i forgot mr. blankie there so my parents had to call and get the school unlocked so i could get mr. blankie to fall asleep that night.

im going to go get him out of the dryer right now!

amjhdrummer

It fell off.
Umm; not a blanket- but I had a pig stuffed animal.

It was the first one I had ever gotten when I was born- my dad gave it to me, And i used to carry it with me everywhere.

I remember, when i was lil, when we played like, house and such- i'd carry it, and if it dropped I'd 'bandage it up'- literally.

It's got a rattle in it...lol.

Now it sits on my shelf in my room.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I've never had a blankie. But, I can't sleep unless I'm under a blanket. Even during the hottest summer nights I have to be under the covers.

TimmehD

Registered Member
When I was about 4 I had an odd attachment to a stuffed leopard I got from the Columbus Zoo, but that stopped at about 8. After that I haven't had any oral fixation with a blanket or anything.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Can't remember any blankies or stuff animals. Don't need any now either.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I was attached at the hip with my blanket, and kept it for way too long as a kid :).

It was called my "Night Night."

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I had a blanket that I loved to death (literally). I'm obsessed with textures and this one was fuzzyish and I rubbed it through my fingers causing holes until it was basically just shreds of fabric held together. I finally made the decision to toss it about 5 years ago (I wasn't using it up to that time, but had been storing it).

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not a blankie but a doudou. I have a stuffed pound puppy that's been with me for mmm, 18 years now. Travels with me. Sleeps with me.