• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Secret Santa

Bliss

Sally Twit
Will you and your friends/colleagues be participating in Secret Santa for Christmas this year?
How much do you normally spend?

For those of you who don't know, Secret Santa is where a group of people put their names in a hat and are randomly assigned a person to buy a present for. It's supposed to be anonymous. So when it comes to sharing gifts you don't know who bought for who.
It's popular for large groups of people as it's cheaper than buying for everyone and it's fun.

I've not done it with friends since school. These days I'll just buy for my close friends.
We do them at work sometimes but nobody has mentioned it this year. Still early though I suppose.
We never spend more than £10.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've never done this before but it sounds like a neat idea and lots of fun!
I might do something like this with 2-3 close friends.
I don't think we'll spend more than $10-15.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have done it once in highschool, we made secret stockings and nobody knew whos stocking was whos. I whinded up getting the first part of a fantasy series novel, and I have been reading that series ever since. We had a $20 cap on our secret santa, I kind of went a little overboard and spent $30 on my gift. It was fun because afterwards everybody tried to figure out who gave who what.

lilgemsy

Registered Member
I did it last year in work and we all got things for about £10.
Wont be doing it this year though since I wont be in work and I dont have enough friends to do it :p

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Will you and your friends/colleagues be participating in Secret Santa for Christmas this year?
How much do you normally spend?

I've not done it with friends since school. These days I'll just buy for my close friends.
We do them at work sometimes but nobody has mentioned it this year. Still early though I suppose.
We never spend more than £10.
I'm the opposite. I used to buy my close school friends individual presents, but now we don't buy for each other anymore. We decided a couple years ago that it's too stressful since we don't talk anything like as much, and can never figure out what to buy.

Soooo now, I do secret santa with a different group of friends. It's usually about 10 of us. Last year we all got together to swap and guess who bought who what. Was fun!
We're doing it again this year. There's always a set price but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head... around £10 too I'd guess.