Second favorite team?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Lets say your favorite team missed the playoffs, would you cheer for another team to win it all? Or you'll watch it because you enjoy the sport and you refuse to cheer for another team because the only team you cheer for is your favorite team.

Thoughts?

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I have a favorite team (Titans, Sharks) and a second favorite (Ravens, Flyers) team for each of the sports I watch (NFL & NHL). If both of those teams don't make the playoffs or get eliminated, I root for a team that is facing a team I dislike (basically any team facing the Colts, Brett Favre's current team, Steelers, Cowboys, Ducks, Red Wings, Penguins or Bruins).

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I cheer against certain teams more than anything else. I can't say I have a second favorite team in any sport. If Ohio State can't win the championship then I will root for any other Big Ten school besides Michigan. In pro sports I couldn't care less as long as the teams I hate don't win.

4. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

When your favorite team is the 49ers... it's a good idea to have a back up team to root for! Mine is the Vikings. :)

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I have a second favorite team in most sports.

I like the home team, followed by whatever team happens to have managed to become my second favorite for whatever reason (usually because of favorite players).

But ever since the Sonics left, I'm not sure what my favorite team is... :sick:

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

When the Vikings get kicked out, I either cheer for the state teams.. but I prefer to see the Eagles do better then the Steelers.. I'm not a big fan of the Penguins when it comes to the NHL, but when the Wings get kicked out, I sorta of side with them.. but I hate it.

When it comes to the NBA, when the Bulls don't make it.. I kind of just hope for the underdogs to do something. I hate how you got the same teams almost every year. Suns, Mavericks, Lakers. ALWAYS.

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Right now I'd say either the Redskins (Because I lived in MD for 5 years and followed them), Green Bay (I have family that grew up in Wisconsin, so we watched it at home a lot) or the Steelers (I've kind of grown fond of them since I moved to PA).

But I still love my Pats :D

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

how bout them Jets :D It's hard to not be a Pats fan around here.

My second favorite teams depend on who's left (in a playoff situation) and favorite player. If all else fails, best team colors gets my support.

9. teron

teron Registered Member

Professionally - my 2nd favorite team in the NFL is Zona. I just love Kurt Warner, and Beanie of course.

My 2nd favorite college football team is Texas. They have a great, vast and passionate fanbase that IMHO is almost like a mirror of tOSU's. I've met some of their fans and there really great people. Love when our two programs collide (aside from the Fiesta Bowl, I damn near cried)

Baseball? IDK? Indians, then maybe the Dodgers.

Basketball - Cavs then whoever beats Boston & L.A.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I usually have a second favorite team, but it's really hard for me to cheer for them if my team gets eliminated. I usually don't actually cheer for them, but if they do well I'll be sort of happy. But deep in my mind I just wish it was my team there instead of them.