Second Chances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering if you guys believe in second chances? What I mean by that is would you give a murderer or a rapist a second chance. Lets say he has served his sentence and gets realeased from prison, and you knew that this person was a criminal would you give that person a second chance, or you wouldn't trust him/her at all? Please explain your answer.

2. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I know my post here will suck but I'm gonna post it anyway.

I don't think it's just a standard second chance deal. To me it's a case by case basis so I think some people deserve it but there are others however that I feel do not.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I don't believe that a rapist/murder should ever be sent to jail.

Of course, I do believe in and eye for an eye, and if someone killed my sister, I'd see it as my duty to end their life, and I'd have no repercussions from their family or anyone else. True justice, IMO.

4. Brandon77

Brandon77 Registered Member

Last year I met a man who was an ex murderer on death row, and now is a worship leader at his church and has a family with three beautiful children and an incredible wife, so yes, I believe in second chances.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Wow. How did he get out?

I guess I'm all for second chances. Sometimes people just get desperate and feel like they can take the risk.

6. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

If there's a justification for why the person should be given another chance, such as a bad initial scenario (aggravated murder) or a change in character, sure I can see the rationale behind it.

Straight up giving everyone second chances? No way.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Mistakes are a part of life. Second chances and redemption are a part of it. It depends on the scenario. Students should be given second chances if they screw up a problem. A serial killer with no signs of remorse shouldn't be given another chance. A person who kills the man cheating on his wife should be given another chance.

How sometimes things just stay the same. I really do not think there are too many cases where second chances shouldn't be ruled out. But they need to be earned back you can't just give them out like candy.

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

what george said - second chances should be earned. :nod:

9. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Given that I don't really trust anybody in the first place, there is no way that I would give a murderer/rapist a chance to be trusted by me.

That is the one way to lose all respect from me.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think every crime deserves a second chance. There are degrees of crimes, and there are degrees of punishments, accordingly.

There are times when somebody truly has changed, and maybe after years of living as a changed person, certain people could be given a second chance in society.

That being said, there are a lot of people who refuse to change, and any change we see in them could just be them trying to put on an act, thinking that they could get a second chance if they say the right words, do the right things etc. Murderers and rapists have been given second chances in the past only to murder and rape again. Because of things like that happening, I think a second chance should only be given to a select few, based on very strict filters.