• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Second Admin for GF

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I remember a few months ago when I couldn't edit my own posts that I suggested this. I still think this is something that should be considered seriously. It's fine that Brix has his busy life and can't always be on GF. We all get that. But we are not all admin.

Should we not get a second admin who can do things like fix editing issues, give new MotM their letters, etc when these issues are raised, as apposed to waiting on one admin who seems to be busy all the time?

Just a suggestion. Use it, don't use it. I can think of a few mods that could do well with this and are around almost all the time to tend to these things.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
That's right CGSA! We can't wait for Hybrix 'til he gets back and the forum doesn't have to stay in this condition. I approve of this.

As far as I remember, when Hybrix was in India, he let someone else to take care of the site but I don't remember who he was.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That's right CGSA! We can't wait for Hybrix 'til he gets back and the forum doesn't have to stay in this condition. I approve of this.

As far as I remember, when Hybrix was in India, he let someone else to take care of the site but I don't remember who he was.
I think it was dDave, but even so, he had limited access (I think) cause that was when I had the issue of my editing and I had to wait till Brix came back from India, which seemed like a lifetime. I just think someone should be capable of doing at least most of what Hybrix can. He is obviously busy and that is fine, but GF is deteriorating at a rapid speed. So I hope he considers this.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
The issue is sensitive because admins are virtually site owners. But if there was some kind of moderator with greater powers, it would probably be good.

BigBob

Registered Member
..and second admin wouldn't be able to fix chat, poker and the site slowness.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
The issue is sensitive because admins are virtually site owners. But if there was some kind of moderator with greater powers, it would probably be good.
I get that. I just think there are potentially one or two mods trustworthy enough to assist with some admin stuff.

..and second admin wouldn't be able to fix chat, poker and the site slowness.
I'm not really talking about that right now though. Those things are issues as well, but completely separate to what I am asking. It just feels like the forum has been left to it's own devices with no one taking care of it (no offense mods). :-/

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I think it would be a great idea. It would have to be someone who has knowledge of how to change the settings lol, so Brix would have to come back and teach someone. Hopefully brix see's this thread.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Most admin work is more than just changing simple settings around. To be able to fix most of the problems we're having you need to have coding knowledge. Nobody on the current staff, except for maybe Danny, would be able to do that.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
my knowledge of the type of web coding GF uses is very minimal at that too. I know some PHP and mysql, and I'm fluent in html/javascript and CSS. but nowhere near enough to help brix lol without first having to spend time learning.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Can't Hybrix hire someone trusted to do that?
Sure Hybrix can't be the only one in the world to know about that stuff.
Maybe dDave knows something ?