Seat Hopping

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Dragon, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Have you ever went to a sporting event and got bad seats but you thought you upgrade your seats by seat hopping?

Me and a friend were at a baseball game tonight and we really didn't have bad seats since it was behind home plate. We were about 26 rows behind home plate but as the game progess, we kept moving forward until we were four rows behind plate.

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I think I did that during the last Orioles game I went to last year, but that was because the section I was in was high up and kinda empty.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I do that during concerts but haven't been to any professional sports to try it at.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I do it all the time, it doesn't matter what sporting event I go to, if the seats are available after an hour or so then I'll go down and sit in those seats. Never got caught doing it either, which is awesome.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

oh yeah I do it all the time to. The way I see if I purchase the seats I can afford. Its not like I purposely just low ball the seats, so usually I'm sitting about mid-level. I'll sit there for about the first third of the game, usually after about 2-3 innings when I go to the Grizzlies games, or the first intermission for the Falcons games (when they used to be in town).

By then most everyone who is gonna show up has shown up, so we just move on down until we get better seats. Note I said Better seats and not Closer seats :hah: Im a strong advocate that in the differing sports that the better seats arent always the closest!

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I do it when I can get away with it. I mean, if the seat isn't occupied anyway and is accessible, why not? :lol:

7. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I've done that at a couple hockey games I went to. And one concert. An hour into them, the people who are coming, have come and so those who didn't show, their seats are fair game. It's pretty rare to get caught I would think too. Unless the actual seat holder shows up later in the game or something and boots you out. Security doesn't really pay attention to who's sitting where. Just that no one's out on the stage or playing field.