Seat Belts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

What is your opinion on them? Do you think they should just be an option? or should they be mandatory?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wear them or die. End of story. Police shouldn't be allowed to give tickets because that's like punishing stupidity and if we could do that . . . well, there wouldn't be so many people in this country.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

It has been proven to increase the amount of lives saved, so yes I say they should be mandatory. They're actually not that bad.

4. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

I hate selt belts when they lock on u when ur mom or whoever slams on the brakes from trying to hit the dumb driver that shot right infront of u. That could kill a person cause it almost chokes them half to death ><; But really selt belts to me should be a option. You can't really make a person wear one, I don't even wear one unless I'm in the front seat of the car where the law sees all >>; But the campiagn that's been going on called "Click it or Ticket" and how they now take points off ur license could make anyone wear a seatbelt now lol. I admit though it does save alot of lives and keeps the person from going out the window from a car accident, but the average person who doesn't give a damn would still wouldn't wear it. Hey they can take the option of wearing it and ensure their safety or they can take the other option in which mean u get ticket, points off license. Or they can take the one way trip to heaven or hell it's their decision. Weigh them their options and I am sure they will pick the one which makes them live alittle longer don't you think?

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

So you'd rather slam your face into the windshield or the dashboard? And no a seatbelt can't choke you to death if you WEAR IT PROPERLY. A seat belt isn't supposed to sit on your neck anyways.

Well in Mass right now, they made not wearing your seatbelt a primary offense, which means a cop can pull you over simply for not wearing a seatbelt.

And you're right, they can still choose not to wear it, but they still take risk of greater injury either way, bottomline...

By the way Kyo, either use spell check or proper spelling. That's what it's there for. No IM abriviations here. It's a rule on the site.

6. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

^ I suggest we go after Lavoid before Kyo personally.

Well, in the grand scheme of civil liberties...sure you can not wear them if you want to. I do believe that government personnel and people on government property should be required to wear them. States should be able to decide other locations, such as state highways, as to whether or not they are mandatory.

7. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Optional. Giving out tickets for not wearing a seatbelt is silly...much like you can get a fine in the UK for eating an apple whilst driving.

8. Kyo_Muramasa

Italiano it's a fact that u can get choked wearing a selt belt even if u wear it properly. I should know I tried it and so have other people and alot of my teachers have said so. I was exaggerating when I said "Choked to death" anyway....do you have to take things so seriously?!

No IM abriviations here? Heh....something like that suprises me since alot of people on here cuss like nobodies bisness just to prove a point when they can use clean words. But I can't do that....I'm not even going to rant about how unright that is ><; Anyway why are you even getting so worked up about it anyway? I don't see it hurting you...

9. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Yes. [sarcasm]

I never said it was hurting me.

But we have spellcheck for a reason and a lot of the other mods have complained in the past before about bad spelling and why no one bothered to use the spell checker so they made it a rule.

I'm not trying to badger you, I'm just saying it before someone else does.

And they have complained to people who swear too much. :-\

10. Kyo_Muramasa

Lol your one of the reasons why I have started to rant for some reason Italiano:D Too many good arguments to go around....and too much sugar ><;

I see your point about the spell checking and I will try to break the habit while I am Posting in the Mature Discussion section anywhere else on here you will just have to try to decipher what I am saying >>;