TV Season Six - Season Premiere

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
So who all watched the season premiere of house? It was definitely a winner in my opinion. Judging by how well done this first episode was, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

What was your favourite part of the episode? Was there anything you didn't like about the episode?

Do you believe that house is actually cured, or do you think he's just putting on an act?

I think it's an act really. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets caught in it eventually. Mind you, it would make the whole last episode of season 5 kinda pointless lol

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Really lame. Season six hasn't been aired yet, we're usually a month or so behind, so I can't wait to see this.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Do yourself a favour, Impact, and try to avoid spoilers. It's a pretty good season start.

I don't think it's an act, but I don't think he's cured either.

I was serious yesterday, he'll probably do very well for a while, we'll all be happy for him. Then during the season 6 finale, something terrible will happen and he'll have a complete relapse. Season 7 will conclude with him finally getting back to the point he got to in season 6, and end the series ambiguously/open to interpretation.

Maybe his leg will be amputated and he'll finally settle to live in a wheel chair....

The cake scene was absolutely fantastic.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lol mic, that didn't need to be in a spoiler since it doesn't give anything away about the specific episode =P

But I also agree, nothing can 'cure' House, so much as it can just make him appear better for a short period of time =P

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I thought it was hectic.

There were a lot of interactions that went unfinished such as the doctor who doped up Freedom Master and how House basically was ready to tear his head off and then . . . nothing. No resolve or anything. I'm doubting this "cured" House thing too but then again, they need to try and find a way to break the mold somewhat since House's character is still loved by all, but he is getting a bit stale and if they want to run some more seasons after this one, they'll need new angles and ideas. Perhaps this whole season, we'll see a different House who fails more often and perhaps the season finale will be him returning to his normal self.

But who knows?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
To be honest, it could go a hundred different ways.

Which is fantastic, because it's keeping me interested.

Also, I hope they end it with Season 7 or 8. It's not that I want it to end so soon, but the great serials of the past have all finished gracefully with 7 seasons, thereabouts, and being one of my favorite shows ever, I would absolutely hate to watch it writhe in the throes of death, just to make a few extra bucks...