• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Season is a few days away

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's right the start of the NBA season is just a few days away. Anyone excited?

I'm really excited, the Raptors have made a lot of moves this off season, even though I think their a liability on the defensive end which will seperate them from the good teams of the Eastern Conference, I still believe they can win 45 games or so this season.

I believe Chris Bosh will have his best season yet, he's on his contract year and he'll be looking for a huge contract this off season.

What are your expections of the team you cheer for?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I know the Mavs have made a few changes. a couple role players here and there as well as Marion. I was disappointed that we couldn't get Gortat though. We needed to get Dampier out ASAP, but I guess we're gonna have to stick with him for another season. :shake: Still, I think the Mavs can be competetive in hte West. Screw the Lakers :mad:.

Everyone's going to be looking at Cleveland. Beesdies Shaq, I'm pretty sure they made quite a few roster changes. If they don't win a ring this year, I'm sure LeBron's gonna leave, which is a shame since any player would love to have a surrounding cast like his.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Marion will be a good addition to the Mavs, he brings a lot to the table, he's a real versertile player, he can rebound, dish the ball and he can score. He plays good defense, and blocks shots time to time. Than you have one of the best power forwards in Dirk Nowitzki, he's extremely talented.

I think the Mavs should be one of the best teams again in the Western Conference. But I agree Dampier won't be able to get the job done. He's pass his prime, and he's to slow to guard the faster and better centers.

Shaq will bring a lot to the table, he's gain a lot of weight this off-season so I don't see him play more than 50 games to be honest with you. But they have Big Z in case he goes down. They added great roles players this off-season in Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker, they both bring a lot to the table.

Than you have LeBron James who is arguably the best player in the league, the freaky thing is that he's still young and he's only going to get better.