Search

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Iris, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Why is the search function so crappy? you can't narrow them down to specific forums.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've often wanted to be able to search by specific forums as well. It's not that the search is crap, it would merely be nice if we could narrow down the searches.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Yeah I've always wanted to just search the specific threads and find stuff, I don't know if there's an easy way to implament it though, pretty sure there's a crap ton of coding for it. *shrugs*

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Oh okay. Yeah, that sucks, then.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Who knows, I'm no expert at coding so I really don't know how hard it would be to do, guess we'll have to ask Mr. Wizard and see what he says!

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't see it being a lot to code, but I could be wrong.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I might be wrong but is the search button the same at every forums? I know it for me, it's always hard to find the topic you really want using the search button.

8. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I don't know if it's the same everywhere: I know forever and a half ago I went to this forum and you could literally search through every thread or forum.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I can try to tweak it a bit. The problem was that there are so many forums that it just made things confusing. I agree though that the search function is pretty lame but like Babe said, just about every forum out there has a bad search function. :lol:

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Then let's be a minority haha