Search Begins for Another 'Haslem'

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
The Miami Heat begin the search for another player like Udonis Haslem, meaning another player that came from the summer league, d- league or overseas and wasn't originally thought to be a good player.

Chris Perkins of the PALM BEACH POST writes, "Forward Udonis Haslem is the Heat's posterchild for what can be accomplished through the NBA's summer-league teams. 'Who would have said he'd be such a pivotal guy for a championship team three summers ago?' said Heat assistant coach Erik Spoelstra, who will lead Miami's 19-player summer-league team this week in Orlando."
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2006/07/10/a2c_heat_0710.html

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Haslem is a very good role player, he could play for any team in this league and succeed, he does everything the coaches ask and more, I would love to have a player like him on my team, someone that gives you some scoring and good defense, they're really hard to find.

X

Xero.Shab

Haslem can get you 10 points and 10 board easily a game. I think he is a great role player as well. He totally shut down Dirk in the playoffs. Your right vince, i think he would excel with anyteam in the nba.

R

RajaB

Vince Carter said:
I think Haslem is a very good role player, he could play for any team in this league and succeed, he does everything the coaches ask and more, I would love to have a player like him on my team, someone that gives you some scoring and good defense, they're really hard to find.
haslemn is not really a role player.
he got alot of technical fouls this year and got into alot of arguments.
he is a good player that someome would want on ur team though