Sean Payton's movie idea

Discussion in 'NFL' started by browneyes106, Jun 9, 2009.

1. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

NFL coach tries to sell Xbox screenplay idea to Hollywood | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

When you hear an NFL coach uttering the phrase "screenplay," you expect he has a scowl on his face and his team is 3rd and 7.
    However, according to The Times-Picayune, New Orleans Saints' head coach, Sean Payton, has had a full-contact drill with his artistic side and penned an outline for a movie screenplay.
    Because it's such a fine idea, or because he has just the right connections, Payton has hired famed Hollywood agents CAA to fulfill his dream of Oscar contention. Which might come slightly sooner than Super Bowl contention.
    You will, I know, love the story. It revolves around a little boy whose grandfather gives him a special refurbished Xbox with whizzo magical powers.
    This Xbox can control the outcome of NFL games.
    [​IMG]

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Stick to coaching your average team to a near playoff berth.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I dunno, I think it could make a good kids movie. It's not really a bad idea for a plot at all. With the right script and right director it could actually be pretty decent.

Sort of reminds me of the Adam Sandler movie "Click" where a remote control can control real life.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The sad thing, you're right, kids would actually eat that crap up. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if it was leaked to the masses that this idea was actually mine.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I agree. You never know what'll be a hit. With the right director/writer/star attached to it, it could work. And you know that Microsoft would throw themselves into a project like that. A movie that is basically a 90 minutes commercial for their product? They'd be on it in a NY minute