• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sea Shepherd founder Paul Watson 'arrested in Germany'

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The founder of US-based anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd, Paul Watson, has been arrested in Germany, the group says.

In a statement, it said Mr Watson was detained in Frankfurt and now faces extradition to Costa Rica.
URL: BBC News - Sea Shepherd founder Paul Watson 'arrested in Germany'

I'm a little confused. I read the article but I don't see where the 'attempted murder' occurred, all I see is someone fighting against the barbaric actions of shark finning. I hope he gets out of this okay. I don't care when animal activists break the law to get their message across, they are heroes to me and when it's something as brutal and disgusting as shark finning then I don't think anything is far enough to get it to stop.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Doesn't sound like to me he tried to murder anyone. I think Costa Rica should concentrate on the illegal shark fin activity going on there instead of turning a blind eye to it and they wouldn't have activists there to begin with.

I'm against trespassing but if it didn't happen sometimes these predators who massacre sharks and whales would never be stopped.