Scylla

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sulla

Me and my friend where talking about History and he's currently studying ancient History and he mentioned this guy named Scylla, and I was very interested about what he has done, can anyone tell me a lot about this guy, supposely he was better and wiser then Ceasar, is that True? I know I can look it up on Google, but I rather hear it from you guys.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
According to wikipedia . . Scylla is from ancient Greek mythology and is a name shared by a princess and female sea monster.

You sure you're spelling that right or that your buddy knew what he was talking about?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.

Yeah. He is probably talking about Sulla..The Great Lucius Cornelius Sulla.

He was described as half a fox and half a lion. He was a Roman general and Dictactor...He lived between 138 BC–78 or 79 (not sure) BC.

He was succeded by Julius Ceaser, but Sulla was better and smarter than him.

Sulla died in 78 or 79BC (I am not sure). He died of a liver failure.

Cornellia Sulla was his wife, after he died, she married Julius Ceser and is his second wife.

In 83BC, he returned to italy and invaded it For the second time since he was a general.

(I have done a project on him, And this was not copied from Wikipedia)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah sorry guys for the mistake of is name, I just found out the proper spelling today, thanks for the description of him Alex, very well done. But if anyone has more detailed information about him, it would help me a lot, I am really intrigue by him.

Lessee... he was able to take power because of the vaccuum created by the ineffectiveness of the Senate. I think he was the first non-military dictator, and he was given power indefinitely. He tried to restore the Roman Republic, but ironically he laid the political groundwork for Caesar and Augustus to establish the Empire. Rome famously had no king since Tarquin the Proud, so the office of the Imperator was created by repeatedly assigning hereditary positions to the same person. Caesar (ironically once Sulla's enemy, as reported by Tacitus) was later able to marry into Sulla's family, which helped him to establish his own legitimacy; Augustus in turn was adopted by Caesar, which allowed him to gain power; then Augustus adopted Claudius, which established the tradition for succession of the Emperor. It should also be noted that, much like today, Roman history has been greatly muddied by political revisionists, so many specific details about all these figures are highly suspect.