Scuba Diving

tater03

Registered Member
I am planning on going to Florida to the Keys next summer. One of the things we are planning on doing is going scuba diving. I have always wanted to do this. Have you guys ever been scuba diving? If so did you enjoy it? thanks

tater03

Registered Member
I would imagine that if you have problems with your ears they might be able to suggest something that would help you? Or maybe just do some snorkling. I think that would be a fun alternitive also.

ACCER

Registered Member
Tater,
SCUBA diving is my favourite sport of all. My brother was a diver master and taught me. He's still my favourite dive partner. We've had some interesting dives, including one off of California where I slapped a shark in the tail because he was in my way. Not something I'd recommend.

ACCER

Registered Member
Oh, about your ears. It depends on the issue with them and the depth of the dive. You ABSOLUTELY want to discuss it with your doctor.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I've been snorkeling, but no scuba. I think it would be great though! I'm a bit claustrophobic, so that might be an issue.

ACCER

Registered Member
Techno,
I'm also a bit claustrophobic and I've never had an issue when diving. SO give it a shot, if it isn't working out, just stop.

Oh, I don't have any ear issues, but can sometimes be a wimp when it comes to earaches. :) I'm guessing that I would get used to it, though, and that any pain would be well worth the view.

ACCER

Registered Member
Oh, is that all! There are several products on the market to prevent that issue. My youngest has terrible problems with earaches and swimming but has never had an issue when diving.

Yes, the view is worth it!