TV Scrubs

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
So has anyone here ever seen the show Scrubs? I find it to be fairly enjoyable, and quite humourous. The comedy could be considered fairly lame, but anyone that knows me, would know that I enjoy that type. And the jokes, when they are suggestive, or still tastefully suggestive.

So how about you guys, anyone seen this show? What do you like best about it?

Twitch

Registered Member
I do like this show. The comedy in it is sometimes sort of lame, sometimes sarcastic.

But the actual doctoring takes away from the comedy. The sadness the characters have when I patient dies and such.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I don't find that it takes away from the comedy at all. I think it adds to the show. Yah, the doctors goof around and make jokes sometimes, but then the fact that patients do die and other stuff happens, gives a sense of realism to the show. It's not supposed to be a farce on doctors, it's supposed to be a show about these characters as they become doctors and grow. It's like a comedy and a drama all mixed into one.

Twitch

Registered Member
That's what I don't like about it. If you are going to make a drama and comedy show, comedy always should take the back seat to the drama, such as sarcastic comments. But when there is a lot of comedy then sadness, it isn't as fun to watch. For me, at least.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I like this show, and it always gives me a laugh when I watch an episode. In particular, I really like Dr Cox, and the relationship with his 'wife'. Their banter never fails to make me laugh.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That's what I don't like about it. If you are going to make a drama and comedy show, comedy always should take the back seat to the drama, such as sarcastic comments. But when there is a lot of comedy then sadness, it isn't as fun to watch. For me, at least.
Yah, I suppose its one of those 'to each his own' kind of thing. I enjoy both of those kinds of things though. Drama with comedy, and Comedy with drama =P

@Impact

Yah, Dr.Cox and Jordan's banters make my laugh too. It's really amusing to watch.

Twitch

Registered Member
To actually add something about the show; I love the way J.D. brings everything back to Apple Martinis, or "Appletinis".

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yah, that cracks me up lol. There was this one episode where he couldn't stop saying 'Banana Hammock' in response to everything lol.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I LOVE Scrubs! I think the humour is brilliant and I love JD's imagination. I think his character is hilarious and he doesn't get enough credit. I also like Dr. Cox and Turk. Without those three characters it wouldn't be the same to me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lol, JD is the main character. How much more credit can he get? My favourite is the janitor. That actor never says a line that was written for him, or at least, very rarely. His interaction with JD is hilarious.