• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Screw you paypal

Daemonic

Registered Member
So I recently added my bank account to it.....

I thought from the looks of things I was charging to my credit card but it took it right out of my account. Unfortunately had left just enough in my account to pay off a bill. Turns out I have to do something different after adding a bank account to get credit charged and am now fucked...

All I can do is hope this check doesn't go through before I get paid now.

Fuck you paypal.

/rant

Daemonic

Registered Member
lol, oh well.

I get paid today and my check didn't bounce yet so it looks like it may work out. :)

That is annoying though, I called and they said I cant set it to use a card by default, so I just have to remember to do what they said whenever I use it. It turned out to be kinda obvious so now I feel dumb, haha.

Last edited:

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
If it can't be bought with a debit, then it don't want to be bought by me.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Paypal is lame. I always have to remember to switch it to the credit card option during every checkout.

I like using the credit card so that I accrue more points for gift cards.

Daemonic

Registered Member
Yea, I'm not a big fan of charging up credit either, but if I do need to come end of the month I always make sure to pay off what I charged that month when I get paid. I have a set limit in my own mind because credit makes me feel like I have negative money which I hate. So I always pay off more than I have to when I can.

The one card I do like to use is Amazon for the points like Anita said but I always pay that one off immediately.

My sister on the other hand is horrible with credit cards. Shes one of those that gets them and maxes them out. I think it's stupid when people do that if they don't have the money to get away with it.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I use my credit card as a debit card, really. I have an excel spreadsheet set up and I debit the money I spend out of it and make sure I spend within budget...then when the bill comes, I pay for the entire balance.

I've had the card since 04 and haven't ever had a balance on it. I have gotten about $600 - $800 (I lost count) worth of gift cards doing that. I especially get my money's worth when I get JCP gift cards, since I have an employee discount there, too.

Daemonic

Registered Member
Yea, I think it's always best to pay it off right away or ASAP. If not you just end up wasting more money on interest.