screen protectors

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by typethree, Jan 6, 2009.

1. typethree

typethree New Member

Ok, so I just gifted myself a swank new psp. Was wondering if I need to buy any expensive accessories to protect it? You know like a leather pouch or plastic screen shield.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I didnt bother with any of that and mine is fine, I have had it for a few years as well.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd definitely recommend buying a plastic screen to cover it with because they can get easily scratched. They are not that expensive and they're worth having if you're going to take it around everywhere with you.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Plastic screen covers are pretty cheap and they definitely do a great job protecting your screen. If little scratches that you can never get rid of annoy you then I'd recommend getting a screen protector.

I got plastic screen protectors for my DS and they've kept my screen from getting scratched for almost 4 years now.

5. Lemonv1

Lemonv1 Registered Member

The DS folds over so unless you're using it the screens aren't exposed. The bottom one needs to be exposed during play to touch it. Do you just protect the top screen while playing it? :confused:

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Lemon, they are clear plastic for the DS. You can play on them. Stops the stylus from scratching the screen.

7. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Only if you mind the screen getting scratched. If you're not that bothered about it, you could take a risk.

Were it a DS, I'd highly recommend at least a screen protector for the bottom screen to prevent the stylus from fucking it up.

8. videogamevg

videogamevg New Member

LCD screen protectors are pretty easy to buy as there are many sellers on the internet. I bought mine from an ebay seller navscreen and it’s working well so far… so maybe you could give them a shot.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

No screen protectors are just these very thin plastic covers, the touch screen works perfectly through them, I've never had a problem.

You sort of missed my point, what i was trying to say is that if I can touch the screen constantly during gameplay, use the stylus, and draw on it, all without the screen being slightly scratched then putting a protector on the PSP will definitely hold up.

It has nothing to do with the DS folding and the PSP not.;)

10. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

For any thing you value, I'd recommend a case.