• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

screaming and yelling

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
do you think there's a difference between songs that have people screaming versus songs with people yelling, or do you think that it's all the same?

I kinda think there's a difference. Yelling's like....um.....slipknot or system of a down, etc. and screaming is like....um....uh......senses fail?

and you can understand yelling sometimes whereas you can't understand screaming at all

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
I'm not a huge fan of people screaming or yelling their lyrics, I think it just sounds like garbage, without actually portraying any particular emotion because it's become so cliche. Personally, the only System Of A Down songs I like are the few that they DON'T yell in or at least keep it to a minimum (Roulette for example), because besides that they have a lot of really nice harmonies and a great sound.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont understand why people scream and yell when their seeing the only person that I like that Yells but doesn't do it often is Chester from Linkin Park other then that I hate it.

Blur

iPimp
I cant stand either. Rock and metal and all that shit...screaming like fucking dudes getting their dicks cut off. shit is waaackk

B

Bio248

i like it, but i guess i mainly listen to the music because those are the few bands that actually play their instruments hard like i want to hear them. :)

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
well I"m not a fan of excessive yelling, especially to the point where you can't understand them. definitely no screamos. but sometimes they manage to sing and yell at the same time. that's probably what i like

P

pasteycracker

Sometimes you have to yell to be heard. LOLZ.

But I have no problem with yelling. GO FOR IT! Most of the music I listen to involves yelling.
:]

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like Slipknot and System of the Down are horrible you barely hear what they're saying, I just think it's crap, to be honest with you guys.

B

Bio248

well poo on you, everyone has their own opinion on music. frankly, most of the music i listen to when i actually have access to my music and not the radio is hard metal where they scream a lot. not saying i understand it all, but if you hear it enough you pick it up. im more partial to bands that yell and sing, but a few ive heard is all yelling and i could care less because its fun to listen to. :)

F

figet

im in a hardcore / metal core band and there is a differnce screaming is more deeper than yelling and i dont like songs that have yellin but we do scream and sing clean so yea ;D