Scrapbooking!

Penguin

Registered Member
One of my favorite things to do ("in my spare time" lol) is scrapbooking. My mom-in-law is also really big into scrapping, so we get to share :)

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I used to be really big into scrapbooking. I haven't done it in a long time, however. Too lazy, I guess.

Do you follow layout guides or come up with your own?

technoflutemom

Registered Member
Palefrost: There's much more to it than that! A scrapbook is more like a combination of a photo album and journal. You use memerabilia, photos, journaling, etc. to try to capture the feeling of an event or a day. On the page of for your son's first birthday, for example, you might put in his picture when he had his first bite of cake, some scraps from the decorations, some cutouts from the cards he received and then write your own reflections on the day.

You try to put all these elements together in a design that further reflects the memory.

It's a lot of fun, but easy to get swamped with supplies!

palefrost

Registered Member
Oh wow, Im lucking if i remember to snap a picture on a birthday let alone write a journal on the day. Im sure the supplies have to cost a pretty penny.

Plumley

Registered Member
I really didn't understand what scrapbooking was all about until I looked at a couple of scrapbooking magazines. It can get both complicated and artistic. I think there are some kids who are going to be very grateful for their mom's efforts many years in the future.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I really didn't understand what scrapbooking was all about until I looked at a couple of scrapbooking magazines. It can get both complicated and artistic. I think there are some kids who are going to be very grateful for their mom's efforts many years in the future.
And some kids that will be in therapy. I scrapbooked my oldest's first 3 years. The youngest? Not even a baby book :shake: .

I hope he'll forgive me!

SouthernGal

Registered Member
I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* scrapbooking. I have been involved in Creative Memories for the past 2 years. I am working on my son's book. Of course... I don't have nearly enough time to devote to it. So, my son is 18mo and in my book he is only 5mo! :-o

I find scrapbooking to be such a creative outlet for me. It is a way to bring photos to life and tell a story. I think... several generations from now will be able to look at this book and know the history of my son. How cool is that?

Penguin

Registered Member
I used to be really big into scrapbooking. I haven't done it in a long time, however. Too lazy, I guess.

Do you follow layout guides or come up with your own?

A little of both. I mostly do my own, but my MIL is good at drawing sketches of layouts and I like trying to match them :)

sbarber77

Registered Member
I love scrapbooking. I started out as a rubber stamper (making greeting cards) and made the foray into scrapbooking and try to combine the two hobbies. I recently became a Stampin' Up demonstrator and jsut love it.

My daughter is 4.5 months old and I have yet to start her book. I am waiting to have free time. LOL!

I want to make sure that what I do for one child, I can do for the next. I have friends that are on their third child and the third one does not have the memories the first and second has....not even a picture with mom or dad in the hospital. :shake:

I figure as long as I can get the pictures taken, I will scrapbook them at some point!