PC Games Scrabble/Words With Friends on iPhone

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Atlantis, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Atlantis

Atlantis Registered Member

Have you ever played Scrabble? Believe it or not, I haven't.

Anyway, I chose Words With Friends (Scrabble knockoff) 6 days ago. I love word games. This is so different than what I'm accustomed to. All the games I play require long words for more points. I've learned that I've got to play 2 and 3 letter words off 2 and 3 letter words (mostly) to do well at this game.

A man I played yesterday morning was so condescending. I found it rather amusing. He scored higher than anyone I've played, and he scored most of his points early in the game.

My tiles were either all consonants or all vowels most of the time. I didn't have a chance because he knew all the words the game accepts. I'm talking about words most of us never use in day to day conversation. He also blocked me at every turn.

At the beginning, he said the game could get ugly because I had admitted to being an amateur. I told him I wasn't a sore loser and I'd give it my best shot.

When the game was over, he said it was unfair. I asked what he meant. He said our skill levels were not equal in that format. I realized that. I just said thanks for the game and have a good day.

If you've played, how long have you been playing? This guy said he'd been playing for 25 years.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Haha, he sounds like my mother. I swear, she has the Scrabble Dictionary committed to memory ten times over and pulls words like "gu" from it that are in use nowhere in the English-speaking world. The real focus of recreational interplay, namely enjoyment of company, is lost in the negative atmosphere created by one person's obsessively competitive spirit.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  3. Atlantis

Atlantis Registered Member

I agree. I'm playing for fun and interaction with others. There are people bragging about being high scorers on facebook. One woman refused a rematch with me. The only reason I can think of is that she beat me so easily. Then there are others who post that they want challenging players only. Good grief! Everyone has to learn. They weren't always "pros". :lol: