• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scottie Pippen said Jordan can score 100 points in a game in today's NBA

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pippen believes Jordan could average 40 to 50 points per game. I think the scoring average is a little out there. But 100 points? I think he could do it if he was 15 years younger.

Scottie Pippen: Michael Jordan Could Score 100 Points In A Game Today (VIDEO)

The perimeter handchecking and muggings on the drive that were permitted in the 90s were the only way teams could even begin to hope to defend Jordan in his prime, but under today's rules that stuff's no longer tolerated. He would definitely score more under today's rules.

What are your thoughts on what Pippen thinks? Do you think Jordan could even be more dominant in today's game?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What are your thoughts on what Pippen thinks? Do you think Jordan could even be more dominant in today's game?
Jordan had enough competition in his era and also had He would never score 40+ PPG as a member of a team like the Cavaliers or Raptors. He'd have to have a team as good as the best Bulls lineups to stand a chance.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think he could have averaged about 40 points per game if he wanted to during HIS time. In today's game he could probably average more than that.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think he could have averaged about 40 points per game if he wanted to during HIS time. In today's game he could probably average more than that.
I completely agree. Obviously he held onto the ball a lot, but he was someone that could really score whenever he wanted to. I think if he played on a team like the Cavs, unlike Steve said, that he could average around 50 points per game because he'd HAVE to.

Zenheizer

needs practice
The comparisons are completely ridiculous cases. The format, style and feelings of the game change like every 5 years. We can go and argue that Wilt Chamberlain could have averaged 70 points a game now, or 80 points a game in his era if he tried. LOOK- everyone tries their hardest, because they are the best players of the game in the world and get PAID for it. Comparisons between generations of basketball are just useless, because the game changes so much and the players can only play in the time they live in.