• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Scott Kazmir to sign with Oakland

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10069 ... ources-say

That is a lot of money for a guy who was a train wreck for about four years before putting together a nice run in Cleveland last year.

And if the A's are throwing around that kind of money, you know the market is out of control.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'm not sure I understand this move. Kazmir was a solid pitcher who disappeared from MLB in 2012 as he had control issues. He plays one season since those issues putting up a 4.04 ERA and now he is worth 11 Mill a year?? This will make him the highest paid player on the A's but definitely not the most valuable!!

arock1234

Registered Member
Love this signing by the A's. There is tremendous upside here with Kazmir but it does come with significant risk. 2 years and 11M per isn't cheap for a guy who hasn't pitched much at all in the last few seasons. I personally though would rather have him than Colon on similar contracts.

Rehmo

I know for a fact that the Bluejays were looking to sign Kazmir before the start of last season. I even think it got to contract talks but with a "full" rotation there was no urgency for the Jays and so they passed. He does have upside but 11M is too much imo.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10069029/oakland-give-scott-kazmir-2-year-22-million-deal-sources-say

That is a lot of money for a guy who was a train wreck for about four years before putting together a nice run in Cleveland last year.

And if the A's are throwing around that kind of money, you know the market is out of control.
Very odd deal, especially with the cost cutting A's. It'll likely backfire on them

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kazmir did great to bounce back last year but he was almost out of baseball the year before

Too much money