Scott Hall in hospital for double pneumonia

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

It looks like Scott Hall is in the hospital after having a bad cough for a couple of weeks...here's an update from the person in charge of his official fan page:

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

If this 'time out' really is for pneumonal treatment and not the mandatory rehab ordered by a judge as previously reported, I would then expect to see him back in public in fewer than 50 days. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. In any case, I hope the rest does his burned out body some good. (The mind, I fear, is beyond salvation.)

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

His heart is probably in pretty bad shape from the steroids. I hope he pulls through. I've been pretty high on Scott Hall through most of his career.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Scott Hall is an alcoholic plain and simple, he's been one for years. He really needs help. Hopefully he can pull through, because I've always liked the guy. A lot of people like Nash have tried to help him in the past, but he didn't really listen.

Get better Hall.

5. Babe_Ruth

Here's an update on Hall.

411mania.com: Wrestling - Scott Hall Update

It's great to see that WWE are helping Scott Hall even though he's not with the company anymore. I really hope that Scott will get better and fight off "his demons."

6. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Glad to hear he's getting the help he needs. It's such a bummer that he can get a contract in a company like TNA and still not be able to fend of the disease.

I agree with what Nash said, God bless Vinnie Mac for doing this kind of stuff.

7. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Hall needs to get off of the drugs and alcohol if he doesn't want to be the next casualty of the list of wrestlers that are dying off. Glad that Vince has a good heart and is giving Scott a chance at survival, but I don't think that's going to work. I have a bad feeling that we will be reading Scott Hall's obit pretty soon. I will be praying for him and hope that my bad feeling doesn't come true.

8. Babe_Ruth

Any former employer of the WWE/F can enter this rehab program. The WWE gets a lot of grief for deaths(which is somewhat understandable) but what I hate is that not a lot of people compliment them on stuff like this, which is a shame in my opinion.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

How can you say that? Every article on a troubled former wrestler or current wrestler with "wellness" problems has the new, beefy wellness policy mentioned. For every dead Gurrero, Beniot, or Holly there's a comment on how, if there was a problem, they've been offered rehab or released. How many wellness releases are there a year?

Kurt Angle left because he was a pill head and refused treatment under the wellness policy. It was well documented on NODQ.com at the time.

It's ridiculous to say that people don't mention or talk about how good the wellness policy is. These wrestlers are seeing as much treatment as possible and both parties are getting as much attention for it as possible (it's good PR, after all).

Do you know why the failures are accentuated? Because they usually die. Deaths are a huge deal and guys like Beniot or Gurrero may still be alive today if the WWF had instituted a wellness policy 20 years ago. Instead Vince pushed for bigger bodies and no testing.

They still don't test for HGH. I have a huge beef with that.