• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scott Hall Drunk at Indy Show

wooly

I am the woolrus
This is so depressing:

Scott Hall appeared at an independent wrestling show on Friday night from Fall River, Massachusetts and was so out of it that he couldn’t even walk to the ring or stand up by himself. His speech was very slurred and it appears he thought he was overseas in England, based on some of his comments to the live crowd.
from sescoops, where there's also a video of the event: VIDEOS: Disturbing Footage Of Scott Hall From Friday

This just makes me really sad. Scott is possibly in my top five all time favourites and i was so happy that by all accounts he was doing great recently. I was proud when i heard the reason he missed out on the Wrestlemania Kliq reunion because he didn't wanted to be tempted to drink because of the atmosphere there. Seems like it was in vain though.

More than feeling sorry for Scott Hall though, i feel disgust for Top Rope Promotions for sending him out in that condition.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read this earlier and almost didn't want to post it because the whole situation sucks so much. Hall has been battling his demons for so many years and I am still hopeful he's going to get his life figured out. It seems like he's failed so many times, however.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Ugh. I have already stated my opinions on this topic in the random observations thread, but I will restate them here:

I feel sorry for the guy. It's a crying shame, too. He was doing so well. This is just another two steps backwards for him. He needs rehab. He needs it now. Before he hurts someone else.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm really bummed about it, I'll always be a fan of "The Bad Guy."

Here's some stuff from WM and from this from his wikipedia page, take it for what it's worth but it sounds like his response to what happened was somewhat honest and classy.

Scott Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hall was the only member of The Kliq not on hand to see longtime friend, Shawn Michaels inducted to the WWE Hall Of Fame and decided to not attend any of the Wrestlemania XXVII festivitiies due to concerns of remaining sober in that type of atmosphere. Hall posted on his Twitter page during the Wrestlemania event, "Taker wins!" which was in reference to The Undertaker winning his match over Triple H, one of Hall's closest friends in the business. [117] Wrestler, CM Punk, who is known for living a Straight Edge lifestyle praised Hall for his deicision not to attend the Wrestlemania events because it could hurt his sobriety. [118]

On April 7, 2011, Hall was reportedly taken to the hospital due to drug overdose though Hall's representative quickly responded that the info was untrue and fabricated. Hall was however taken to the hospital for low blood pressure and a change to his blood pressure medication. His rep said that Scott visits his doctor on a regular basis and is still recovering from his double pneumonia and being treated for his heart. [119]

Hall gave a interview on April 7 discussing a appearence in Florida the following day saying that the fans who bought tickets would get their money's worth. He discussed his problems with alcohol and drugs by saying that while alcohol is fun and drugs are when you want to quit, you can't and it hurts everyone that is close to you. Hall stated that he has been to rehab 19 times and attended thousands of AA and NA meetings but this time was making a honest attempt to stay sober. Hall credited close friends such as Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels with helping him through his battles

wooly

I am the woolrus
http://www.generalforum.com/wrestling/random-wrestling-observations-71884-page41.html#post989847

Just in case you want to see some posts on it from earlier today; the mods can decide whether to keep this thread going or if it's just a passing story.
whoops my bad! i uh.... i don't stray into the random observations as much as i should!

as for Top Rope Promotions, they sent out this apology to the fans:

D---ed if we do, d---ed if we don't.... Scott Hall's conduct at tonight's show was far from what we were looking to get out of him. We are all just as upset with it as you were. If we had not let him appear everyone would be on here going crazy for false advertising him. Once he arrived at the airport we knew something was wrong, in Scott's defense he just wanted to give everyone a good show, his medical condition did not allow him to do so tonight. The fans need to realize somethings are out of the company's hands, we did the best to deal with the situation, and give the fans the best show possible. I'm quite sure if we kept him in the back all night, there would of been just as many, if not more complaints about us false advertising the main draw on the show. TRP cares about there fans and about its product, Scott Hall is not a member of TRP, nor a regular roster member, you will never see such conduct from our core roster, we appreciate all the support tonight, celebrating our Bitter Sweet 30th Anniversary, and look forward to bringing you many more years of Shows...
I don't think being in fear of false advertising is any excuse for sending Scott out there in the condition he was in. and it's bullshit anyway, if they gave a damn about Scott they would have just sent him out to cut a promo, from the stage, and then bring him backstage. That way, he made an appearance, and most of the fans would still be clued in as to why it appeared the way it did. Instead, they actually sends him out to WRESTLE! he was getting involved in the action when he couldn't even walk down the ramp by himself. What did they expect?

Even if this was somewhat of a lose/lose situation for Top Rope Promotions, they dealt with it in the worst and most insensitive way possible.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, it's a damn shame that this happened. Like wooly mentioned it seemed like he was on the right track, but couldn't keep it up unfortunately. I'm not going to lie, I'm surprised he's still alive, but if he keeps this up then he might not be here for alone.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I had the same thoughts...I was expecting to hear this story and that he died shortly thereafter. If this happening isn't a major moment for Scott to realize that he needs more help (even though he's had it before), I am definitely going to continue to be concerned for his life. Let's hope that since he had had a good attempt at sobriety this time (from what I remember reading...is that right?), that this will be a wake-up call that he needs that extra assistance with sobriety.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
My brother was talking about this yesterday. Watching that video is just... sad. But I'll be honest here, none of this surprises me at all. Scott Hall's had so many stints in rehab, it's just not possible for me to take him seriously anymore. According to his wikipedia page he's still hospitalized for cardiac issues. I mean I feel bad for him and I hope he does get better, but at the same time it makes me go "wtf..." Seriously, if I were to pick up the paper tomorrow and read his obituary, it wouldn't surprise me the least... just sayin.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure if this is true or not, my buddy just told me.

Apparently he was rushed to the hospital soon after. Doctors are saying his Blood preassures medication reacted poorly with some other meds he is on. They tested him for drugs and alohol and he tested clean.
I really hope this is true, but who knows.