• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Score one for net neutrality and P2P

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Comcast Guilty of Net Neutrality Violations

In the first major test of the FCC's (Federal Communications Commission) network neutrality principles, the agency found Comcast guilty Aug. 1 of secretly degrading network traffic. On a 3-2 vote, the FCC ordered Comcast to stop blocking traffic, disclose to the FCC the full extent of the cable giant's traffic practices and to keep the public informed of its future network management plans.
The FCC said Comcast violated the agency's Internet policy when it blocked P2P traffic by BitTorrent. The agency also found that Comcast misled consumers when it did not properly disclose its P2P policy.
Sounds like a good deal to me. There are other ways to take care of the "P2P problem." Limiting possibly legal downloads and not telling the customers isn't the solution to the problem.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I'm surprised it was Comcast and not Time Warner. Isn't it common knowledge that they fuck you over when you download torrents, though?

Iris

rainbow 11!
Who, Comcast?

I download torrents all of the time... I hope the hell not, I may have a serious problem on my hands.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I do too, but with me they just shut my computer down.

Iris

rainbow 11!
So far nothing has happened when I do. I've never had any problems.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
Then you have slipped through the cracks like so many homeless people.