• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scientists control mouse brain

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Scientists have successfully altered the neural networks of laboratory mice using a wireless controller; allowing them to study the effects of neural stimulation without invasive procedures and without test subjects tethered by wires.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/scientists-control-mouse-brain-by-remote-control/

I don't know if I should be happy or cry. On one hand it could help people with neurological disorders. However after perfected could they one day implant this in a human, lets say a terrorist, have him then go back and kill his leader.

Ever get the feeling some discoveries should have never happened? Its not like everything has been put to a good use.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Actually it's your brain they are controlling as evidenced by you seeing references to mice in the article. There are no such references.

- Cham