• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Schools return to additive filled burgers

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last year, the group Real Food for Kids, based in Fairfax, Virginia, scored a victory when it convinced local schools to replace additive-infused hamburgers with 100 percent all-beef patties.

Schools return to additive-filled hamburgers because all-beef patties don’t ‘taste right’ | The Raw Story
Now the schools have returned to buying the additive filled burgers because the kids complained they didn't taste right and they were pink in the middle.

First thought that I had was you aren't getting them done and that's why they were pink in the middle. As far as the taste maybe they should purchase their patties from a different company. Lets face it not all brands taste the same. I think they gave up a little quick.

What do you think about them going back to the additive filled patties?

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
When I ate burgers at school, I thought they tasted pretty good. Even though the kids like the additive burgers, they shouldn't eat too much of them. Some of those additives can be dangerous for their health.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I doubt it's that it doesn't taste "right". It's just that it doesn't taste like an additive ridden pile of garbage. Such a shame they gave up so fast, it could have been something good.

I know I always try to buy burgers that are all cow.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I doubt it's that it doesn't taste "right". It's just that it doesn't taste like an additive ridden pile of garbage. Such a shame they gave up so fast, it could have been something good.
I agree with Smel. It probably just tasted different to what they are used to. They shouldn't have given up so fast. The kids would have gotten used to it with time. Those additive filled burgers are vile, but the kids just don't know any better.

Since when do adults listen to kids and change the kids diet according to what tastes right to them anyway? I wonder if these kids get any veggies in their diet or if that gets scrapped as well because the kids don't think it tastes right.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to wonder if their real reason for going back to the additive filled burgers is that they are cheaper and it had nothing to do with what the kids wanted.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think the public announcement was BS and they're only going back to save money. Being pink in the middle is an issue of cooking time and temperature and not quality.