Schools - Game Development

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm requesting info from all kinds of colleges that offer a BS in Game Development and I can't find very many. Which ones do you guys know of?

So far I've only requested info from Full Sail.

I know DigiPen offers a BA in game design (they list it more on the "art" side than the science side). It's a pretty well respected school for those looking to get into the video game industry.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
DigiPen is upwards of $100,000 per semester. That's pretty risky no matter what the job could or would pay after you graduate.

And Full Sail is expensive too but not nearly as high as DigiPen which from what I've heard is financed or in some way directly affiliated with Nintendo.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Full Sail is around $70,000 for three years.

I could do the artistic side, also, but I'd like to do the motion modeling and things like that.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought you wanted to get into the coding side? I thought about getting into 3D Modeling and all that myself actually. That translates to a job doing special effects in movies too which I think would be awesome.

Yes, DigiPen is sponsored by Nintendo, but looking at their site it seems the cost really isn't that much more than most standard universities in the area (such as the University of Washington). Although they also offer financial aid. It also helps if you live in the state of Washington (as with most universities) as that does lower the tuition fees.