• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Schools Ban HUGGING!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
OMG. :lol2:

I've found several news sites with this on:

The Sun: Parents’ outrage as school bans hugs | The Sun |News

The Metro: School bans hugging | Metro.co.uk (this school is in Chicago!)

The Daily Mail: School bans hugging to prevent 'sexual behaviour' | Mail Online

The Guardian: Stop hugging, school head tells his pupils | UK news | The Guardian

When I googled it i found that the reasons spanned from 'it leads to inappropriate behaviour' to 'causes them to be late to class' and even 'bullying' - depending on the school.

There are even youtube vids from reports in the US.

WTF? Have all schools gone fucking nutty?

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yep. During my senior year of high school they enforced a policy of "catch and release." Where the two people hug and then immediately release each other upon contact.

It's fucking stupid, but it made for a great laugh.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I fucking hate it when schools do shit like this, it's bad enough we have to dress the same, have hair a certain way and colour, walk a specific route to the classrooms; but now we can't high-five or hug each other?

I always said schools were just out to break us and make us into 'clones', this just proves it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I couldn't open the links because all of them are blocked at my work, but I've heard in the past that parents didn't like their kids to hug other kids because of the germs. You just don't know what's out there. I personally never had a problem with hugging in school, but I can see where some people might.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Kids are meant to get germs and be sick, they're built for it; that's just another stupid reason for parents to wrap kids in cotton and be over protective.

KombaT

Registered Member
I fucking hate it when schools do shit like this, it's bad enough we have to dress the same, have hair a certain way and colour, walk a specific route to the classrooms; but now we can't high-five or hug each other?

I always said schools were just out to break us and make us into 'clones', this just proves it.
That's a fucking retarded rule. ¬¬
To be honest; who gets a hard on from hugging?

The last time I checked hugs were a greeting / sign of friendship. Not a form of sex. I agree with Pugz tbh; my school tries to turn us into clones in exactly the same way. Not only did they say "no hair dye" they tried to get us to all have our hair cut in specific ways. The deputy head even said I had to shave my afro off, of course I didn't and took it up with the head as my deputy is a complete asshole.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is going a little far IMO. I get the germs thing or whatever but its just a hug. Its not like these kids are making out with each other or anything.

Hugs are harmless.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Hugs are a greeting. For most kids/teenagers it's a big deal that they give each other a little hug. Schools probably think it falls under PDA (public displays of affection) which is discouraged amongst couples. Despite the rationale, the schools are always way more intrusive than is necessary.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I think its a stupid rule, I had something like this at my high school but only a few teachers really enforced it so it wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be.