School you've missed via snow this year....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSportsGuy, Jan 21, 2007.

1. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

How much school have you missed because of snow this year?

Here, we usually had already missed 10 or so days in any other year, but this school year we have only missed two days, and gotten out early on one occasion. It's raining, and it's very icey outside right now so tommorow might making it three. (Yes, that is what prompted me to start this thread.)

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

None....because it hasn't snowed here yet.....

<<
    >>

I don't know if i can get out of college because of snow....

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

None. It's so bullshit. I live in fucking new england and we've gotten an inch since fricken June. On top of that, in my school system, we have the biggest dike for a super indentant, we would need ten feet of snow and at least five deaths, and then maybe she might consider cancelling school.

4. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

Hmn. Today is the first snow of the season sadly. This is sooo screwed up. We don't have school tomorrow or on Tuesday, so it snows enough to close school when we have no school! Whether is a bum. Other than that, it hasn't been nearly cold enough to snow in forever. I think that the coldest it's been so far was a high of 20, but after that, it's barely been colder than 60degrees.
    -Icy

Haha for you. We have a different problem. How do I explain this....

Whenever the weatherman calls for like...90% chance of snow, it never snows, so...we go to school. However, whenever he calls for like...under 20% of snow, it snows. Usually, when they get up off their asses and realize that it is snowing, they always call for about 11 or so inches of snow. Wellll, school gets cancelled (a lot of the times right when it starts snowing), and then...well...it stops once it gets to like...half-an-inch >.<

In similar sitcuations, I remember that, last year, we got out of school early on numerous (about 8) random occasions. The weather(wo)man will call for a snowstorm, it will start snowing, school lets out a few hours early, and 15 minutes after...it stops snowing. Luckilly and conviniently, they're always after four hours, which counts as a full (enough) day of school, so we don't have to make it up.

Weather here is probably really hard to predict. There have been days where, in the morning, it is so cold that it is flurrying, and then, in the afternoon, the sun's out and it's 70 degrees. The weathermen never get the weather right.
    -Icy

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I haven't missed any days due to snow, it doesn't snow near San Francisco. However, in my school career two days have been canceled due to rains and flooding.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

just one. We usually don't get snow, but if we do, we don't cancel unless it's really bad. School's usually cancelled when the buses can't drive around well. Any missed days are added to the end of the year, so it's not totally worth it.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I am on the summer holidays now and even though if it was winter, I wouldn't miss any days of school because we don't have snow, but if it's hail storm, there is a chance that there will be a little bit snow, but it doesn't matter, we still have school. And it really sucks of not having snow in areas where I live in, there are mountains in Melbourne, there is snow, been there couple of times.