• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

School paying for cosmetic surgery for teachers

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Buffalo NY is still paying for cosmetic surgery for their teachers. Stupid, stupid, stupid, they spent 9 million dollars on this in 2009. It was designed for reconstruction surgery after a car wreck or something like that, not a face lift. Part of it has to do with the Triborough Amendment, which allows employees to work under a expired contract until unions agree to a new one and this needs to go. What do you think about this?

Buffalo, NY Teachers Still Getting State-Funded Cosmetic Surgery — Why?

Buffalo Teachers Are Charging Plastic Surgery To Taxpayers Thanks To This Loophole

Iris

rainbow 11!
That is ridiculous, I could understand if it was a car wreck or something, but a face lift? That shouldn't be a burden on the taxpayers and I don't understand how it's been going on as long as it has.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It amuses me how the government wastes tax payers money on stupid shit like this. If they do not like how the teachers look, I dare them to fire them for being ugly.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This was started so people in car wrecks that needed reconstruction surgery could get it. It could of spared some people from getting laid off if it hadn't been for the cost of these surgeries. I feel for the people that lost their jobs so the district could foot the bill for these procedures. I think next time they lay someone off they should start with those that had a nip and tuck.