I'm not sure if this is the right place to write about such subject, but here goes. It is just a simple question. Is school (or going to school..) the best place to get an education or learn? Specially nowdays where it seems the educational system is more of a business rather than what it is really supposed to be. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed how some teachers, in several schools, give a class just because.. I mean, they do it with no, lets say, feeling or intention of really opening your eyes to a world full of wonders and endless possibilities. Like, if it were up to me, 70% of school activities would consist of field-trips and outdoor recreation. The other 30% would include the basics like math, literature, civics, etc. I believe we've become used to a system which, the way I see it, isn't really providing the best way of learning and the opportunity to experience certain things ourselves. I'm someone who usually sees things in the big picture. Is life really all about doing well in school, in order to get into a good university/college, get a good job (one that you are "happy" with), get married, have a couple of children and die knowing you lived a good life? For some, that is right, and I have nothing against it since you're in control of your own life and you may do as you please. But to me, that can't be right. There are people who want to be succesful and live well (economically and socially). What happens to the people who don't do well in school? Some people would say it was because they weren't responsible enough, or didn't apply themselves or focus on their work in order to succesfully complete their tasks. And it kills me how the "system" automatically shuts so many doors for you the moment they see you failed in school. "Failed" in general, as in not doing well and having trouble making your way throught it all. I always say, and I know I'm not the only one, that there is more to life than a grade. Parents, teachers, even friends sometimes, have certain expectations from you, and when you don't achieve those goals, in most cases, in the eyes of society, you've failed.. when the truth is you havn't. Who's to say you can't succed in life even if you fail in school? Who's to say you wont get a good job or a happy family? How can someone expect you to be great in something you are clearly not meant to do well in? We are all the same in nature, but we're all different in preferences and aptitudes.