• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

school bus shooting leads to standoff with suspect, 6-year-old

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
MIDLAND CITY, Ala. Police SWAT teams and hostage negotiators were locked in a standoff Wednesday with a gunman authorities say intercepted a school bus, killed the driver, snatched a 6-year-old boy and retreated into a bunker at his home with the kindergartener.

Deadly Alabama school bus shooting leads to standoff with suspect, 6-year-old
This nut case shot the bus driver and killed him then took a 6 year old as hostage. The man had already shot at neighbors over a speed hump and beat a dog to death with a pipe iron.

dDave

V.I.P.
Thread title is misleading, I thought that the suspect was the 6 year old.

I have no idea how something like this can happen. I think that because of this incident we'll see increased security on school buses.

My question is why wasn't more done to stop this guy. It looks as if everyone knew he was crazy and knew that he had guns. I am a firm supporter of the right to own a firearm, but being mentally ill really ought to disqualify people. It's simply obvious that people knew he had problems before this tragedy today.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That man should of been hauled off to the funny farm when he was threatening to shoot kids, shooting at other people over a speed hump or when he was beating the dog then bragged about it. The fool said his only regret was not beating to poor dog completely to death. There is no way he should of been in possession of fire arms. It was obvious by his actions he was mentally ill.

I really don't understand why he wasn't forced to take a mental evaluation or something. That's a big problem with most of these killers mental illness that is ignored until something like this happens.

I hope the kid isn't hurt and he is.