Movies Schindler's List

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I did look for a thread about this, but I couldn't find any. If there is one then feel free to delete or lock this one :cute:

Anyway, I'm sure lots of people have seen Schindler's list, it's quite a big movie and won a few Academy Awards if I'm correct.

For those who haven't seen it this movie is set in Poland in WW2 and is about a business man who tries to save the Jews from being killed in the Holocaust.

Here is a trailer:
YouTube - Schindler's List - Trailer

So for anyone who has seen it what were you thoughts on it?

I thought it was a very well made film. It's very emotionally draining and even though it is quite a long film I felt that I never got bored of it or distracted half way through it held my attention all the way through. I like how it was made in black in white and the symbolisim that is conveyed by the only bit of colour with the girl in the red coat.

Please use spoilers appropriately in your replies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very good movie, Liam Neeson did an amazing job in this movie. This movie won a total of seven Academy Awards. Like you mentioned I love how the film was mostly in Black and White. I havent seen the movie in a real long time and I forgot a lot of parts of it. I'll have to watch it again soon, to remember how great it really was.

n3wt

Registered Member
This is a fantastic movie and I have seen it numerous times, one of the best quotes from it -

Oskar Schindler: I could have got more out. I could have got more. I don't know. If I'd just... I could have got more.
Itzhak Stern: Oskar, there are eleven hundred people who are alive because of you. Look at them.
Oskar Schindler: If I'd made more money... I threw away so much money. You have no idea. If I'd just...
Itzhak Stern: There will be generations because of what you did.
Oskar Schindler: I didn't do enough!
Itzhak Stern: You did so much.
[Schindler looks at his car]
Oskar Schindler: This car. Goeth would have bought this car. Why did I keep the car? Ten people right there. Ten people. Ten more people.
[removing Nazi pin from lapel]
Oskar Schindler: This pin. Two people. This is gold. Two more people. He would have given me two for it, at least one. One more person. A person, Stern. For this.
[sobbing]
Oskar Schindler: I could have gotten one more person... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I will never forget seeing this in the theater. The theater was packed, yet when the final credits had finished and the lights came up, there wasn't a sound to be heard except for a few people sniffling.

I've never experienced anything like it.

Watched this film with my grandparents a while ago and considered it one of my all time favourites. I've got lots of gaps missing from my memory of it though so I'll have to make sure to watch it again soon. I love the 'quote' n3wt posted.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I normally don't like black and white movies (it's probably because several bw films were forced on me before) but this one, I was glad to not have rejected it. The movie and the acting is amazing. I remember when some countries tried to censor it because of nudity (seriously) and they were told "either show this in its entirety or not show it at all".

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I have always wanted to see this movie. I don't know why I have never rented it, or even bought it with the way people rave about it. I just know how emotional it will surely make me, but I know it is definitely one most anyone should probably see.. Maybe I will go look for it today.