• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Schilling eying Kennedy's Senate seat

redsoxocd

living on the border
Schilling expresses some interest in Kennedy seat - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Curt Schilling(notes), the former major league pitcher who won the allegiance of Bostonians by leading the Red Sox to the 2004 World Series, said Wednesday that he has “some interest” in running for the seat held for nearly 50 years by Democratic Sen. Edward M. Kennedy.
Schilling, a registered independent and longtime Republican supporter, wrote on his blog that while his family and video game company, 38 Studios, are high priorities, “I do have some interest in the possibility.”
Okay, I was kind of baffled when I saw this headling on yahoo and I'm still baffled by it.

I dont understand why Schilling would run. He has no credentials what so ever that would make him a good fit for the job. Now I am a republican, and while I would like to see a rublican take the post I dont think that Schilling is the right man to do it.

This just doesnt make any sense to me.

Twitch

Registered Member
He doesn't even seem that serious about it. There was a reporter trying to talk to him, asking him if he would like to comment on this or that, and he just kept saying no, and that he was busy.

redsoxocd

living on the border
He doesn't even seem that serious about it. There was a reporter trying to talk to him, asking him if he would like to comment on this or that, and he just kept saying no, and that he was busy.
I just really hope that him not being serious about it means that he's not actually going to go through with trying.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't know what's worse.

That blabbermouth going for it or one of the other Kennedy's winning merely because of their last name.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Knowing MA? No. MA has been liberal for the 40 years since EMK won his seat. The chances of republican getting the seat are slim. Though, their arent many good choices at the moment.....

redsoxocd

living on the border
Is there anyway a Republican could actually win that seat?
unfortunately no...I will praise the day when a republican is able to take any politcal post in MA