Schilling earns strikeout No. 3,000

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

OAKLAND -- Red Sox ace Curt Schilling achieved perhaps the most significant personal milestone of his illustrious career on Wednesday, becoming the 14th pitcher in Major League history to reach 3,000 strikeouts.
    Needing just one to reach the magic number, Schilling fanned Nick Swisher with his signature pitch -- a splitter -- in the bottom of the first. Schilling earned a standing ovation from the McAfee Coliseum crowd.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp...t_id=1636658&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

2. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I love Shill. He's my kind of hard nosed old school pitcher. The bloody socks should end up in Cooperstown one day.

Hoosier.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

They'd better. I watched that whole game and it was incredible. The commentators we're in awe and the crowd knew they were witnessing a true winner in action.

4. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

Schilling is a man. I love watching him pitch and whenever he's on the mound, I hope for the best for him. Hopefully he can stay in the league long enough to get 300 wins ;) (I don't know or even think that's going to happen, but maybe he'll stay longer and get 300+ wins).

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That game where he had that sock full of blood was an amazing game. I never seen anything like that from another pitcher, and I agree with you it does belong in Cooperstown. I never liked him when he was with the Phillies, but started to like him when he joined the D Backs, and now with the Bo Sox.