Game Cube Scariest Game?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Absolute, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Absolute

Absolute Registered Member

1. Resident Evil

Man.. I never had the chance to play the old crappy PSx version, but this was intense.. dogs jumping through windows, Zombies gimping toward me.. it was freaky, and I jumped a load of times.. no other game has done that.

2. RossDude

RossDude Beep

I will concur with you completely. I never got to play any of the RE's when they originally came out, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I had a lot of jumps, and there were a lot of tense moments in that game.
    RE4 was also pretty scary, but in a different way. It was just insanely, insanely intense. I would finish playing and I would be shaking just because I got so caught up in the game.
    Great, now I have to go play it, I'm all psyched.

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Disneys Mickey's Magical Mirror...

Supposedly a kids game with a kids mode, that even I couldnt figure out!

Oh, you mean in horror aspect, I would have to go with Eternal Darkness, the whole story line and the Sanity effects were just too damn cool

4. croc

croc Registered Member

eternal darkness is the one

5. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Eternal Darkness!

That game freaked me out on so many levels, the sanity effects alone will make you think your system froze up

6. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

For me, it's a toss up between Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil. I played RE2 on the N64 then I played the RE1: Director's Cut on the PS1. Both were good, but the GC's upgrade of the first game made me jump several times.

Eternal Darkness was just great all around. Not an easy game to beat but well worth it. I agree that the sanity thing really is awesome.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Clock Tower. That was was scary because the bad guy always popped up when you least expect. Residents Evil, Dino Crisis and Manhunt would be tie for second.

Residents Evil is similar to Clock Tower except it has more than one bad guy. I ranked this second because more bad guys = less the scare. I know, it doesn't make much sense. Just try out Clock Tower and you'll see for yourself.

8. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Registered Member

Resident Evil 4. When i first played it, the attacks of the chainsaw men scared me half to death.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Talk about an ancient thread.

Resident Evil 3 was scary as hell because Nemesis would lurk around every corner and he'd burst out, scaring the shit out of you.

Silent Hill was also a scary game.

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

My first would be FEAR. I don't know why but it made me jump more than once. (can't wait for the second one yay) Then second for me is Silent Hill. They definitely freaked me out a good bit.