Scarface

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Omega, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Omega

Omega Ω

I bought scarface the other day and I about 75% done with the game and I have heard nothing but good ratings and I love this game, but Gamespot.com gave it a 6.4 and PSM gave it a 5/10

Why are there such huge differeces in the scores?

also if you have the game what would you rate it?

Ether way I would say this game is worth buying.

2. SmartBum

SmartBum Guest

OMG man can u tell me about it ?! Mum is getting it for my christmas I want to know heaps about it hahah !!!

3. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

Gamespot has a tough rating curve. 6.4 is about average.

Also keep in mind ratings are based on the opinions of the person reviewing them so ofcourse your going to have varying degrees of scores. Then you also have to remember that they are basing their scores else where. Such as a 5 star game at gamespy (highest rating) may only be a 8 or 9 at gamespot because of the different rating standards and whatnot.

4. SmartBum

SmartBum Guest

Yeah if the gamespot guy LOVED scarface the movie and loved controlling him in the game he'd probably give it a 8

5. Omega

Omega Ω

I do not really pay attention to rattings they are stupid. Also if you go watch the video review on Gamespot the whole time he does not say anything really bad about the game.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

>_> Ratings...stupid? I disagree. Ratings give us the reviewer's average thoughts on the game if we don't want to read through (sometimes) loads of text. I sometimes check the ratings of player reviews on GameFAQs so I can get an idea of what people there generaly think about the game.

7. Omega

Omega Ω

I understand that, what I am saying is that I watch and/or read them but, I do not believe the score rating. I listen to what the reviewer has to say about it and if the game sounds good to me I get it. Scarface is better then Vice City IMO, yes the story could have been better but still a must own. Now if you listen to Gamespot you may not want to buy the game.

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

That's why I search for more than one review, from review websites, to general player reviews. That way I get a range of scores to go by. I also try finding a demo first, or if that fails I rent the game.

9. SmartBum

SmartBum Guest

what are some of the cool features on this game ?!

10. patkick

patkick #21

yeah and is it like a GTA-ish game? I've watched the commercial and it reminds me of GTA Vice City.