• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scared of flying?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
The question is, are you?

I've seen many shows about planes collapsing, and everything on Georgraphy Channel, but it still doesn't change my views about flying. When I was flying back home from Belgrade, we run into a slight storm, and people were panicking and everything, like hello? It's just a slight turbulence, no need to shit yourself.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
to be honest... I dont know. I've never had the opportunity to take a plane or helicopter ride. I want to, but I dont think that is enough to qualify me as not scared of flying 'cause things may change the moment I get in the air ya know.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm not particularly scared of flying, no. I've seen a LOT of air crash investigation shows and I still fly fairly regularly, hasn't changed anything.

The only thing I have about flying is that if the plane did crash, then that would be absolutely horrific. So I am scared of plane crashes but I also know that its extremely unlikely, so I'm willing to take the risk.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
If it gets cloudy enough to get dark and we go through some trouble, I don't freak out, but I do get nervous. It doesn't show though.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Im not scared of flying in the least. Mr brother is totally shit scared of flying though. I've seen lots of things where planes crash in the news and on films, but that dosn't really make me think any different about flying. They wouldnt let us on the plane if it wasnt safe. or at least as safe as they can make it.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I've never been on a plane and don't ever want to! The idea of flying in a plane is scary and unnatural!

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I've only flown once: I was four. The experience was quite pleasant. Someday I hope to get a pilots liscence.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Flying doesn't bother me. It really isn't that bad. I actually enjoy it. Turbulence doesn't bother me at all. I have been in a plane that was struck by lightning and even that isn't too bad. The worst is hitting air pockets; the plane just falls a couple hundred feet suddenly.. That is the only thing I have experienced flying that bothers me.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
No I'm not.

I only get edgy when they show a plane crash film on the TV whilst I'm on board!!

Never had any trouble whilst on a plane, only the usual turbulance.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I only get edgy when they show a plane crash film on the TV whilst I'm on board!!
What, like Castaway? :lol:

I've never been on a plane, so I can't honestly say. I have however been on a helicopter, but I don't know if that's the same thing. The 'copter was amazing. It was basically a short trip around my local area; cost me £15 at an annual fair.

Also, statistically you're far more likely to crash in a car than a plane, yet billions of people drive everyday.