• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Scabies

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
anyone hear of this before? This is what Paxton had. I noticed Friday night that he had bumps on his feet and ankles but I thought it was chiggers becuase he'd been outside barefooted. Well Saturday I noticed it went up his legs and by Monday was on his belly, back, butt and neck. I thought Ohhhhh he's got chicken poxs! So i take him to the doctor Tuesday and find out he's got Scabies, which is actually a mite under the skin. I STILL can not figure out where he picked this up at!!

kromsales

Registered Member
Its a perfectly normal childhood thing :( Although it itches like crazy!! Did they give you an ointment for it? Also DONT listen to anyone who says you get it from being dirty! Its highly contagious so he could have got it anywhere!! I hate when people say that! Good Luck!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi and goodafternoon all. You will need to clean and wash everything your son has come in contact with. And make sure you get his sleeping area really good. My oldest son got them from a kid at daycare.Those little buggers can be picked up anywhere and are hard to git rid of. I hope your son gets better soon and the creapy crawlies leave you and your family alone. You might want to hire someone to clean all your furniture too. Just to be safe. I don't know if pets can get them(not a vet) but I would check on that too. I wish you and your family all the best.
Till next time........................................... :warp:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Yeah I have spent the past two days washing and vaccuming and stuff to the house. I wonder if RID spray would work on this for furniture? Yeah the doctor gave him a lotion and I was just to apply it once. I know this morning his back and belly are about cleared up. The doc also gave him some stuff to take by mouth for the itching. Bless his little heart, I had him lay down and I slathered that lotion all over his legs and butt and he started yelling that it burned and itched. Thankfully it didn't last long!!

doubles2004

Registered Member
Jenn
I know this is gona sound strange But when i was a child we use to get these .And my grandmother would make us sit in a tub of warn water and would put listerene {the mouthwash} in the tub and make us soak in it .It does stop the itching and will kill the kritters

Nanner

Registered Member
Poor little guy :( (Mom too)! I've heard of them but never knew what they really were/are. Hope you got rid of all the icky stuff and all gets better real soon.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Hmmmm well Iwill remember that! I believe the stuff the doc gave us has worked as far as killing them.

The things you have to deal with, with kids. Kayla seemed to EVERY year get Lice! It drove me crazy!! Thank goodness she's past that now, I guess they dont like hair gel! LOL........

Nanner

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
Hmmmm well Iwill remember that! I believe the stuff the doc gave us has worked as far as killing them.

The things you have to deal with, with kids. Kayla seemed to EVERY year get Lice! It drove me crazy!! Thank goodness she's past that now, I guess they dont like hair gel! LOL........

Ewww don't tell me this stuff! If that happens I don't wanna play Mommy anymore! :::itching just thinking about it:::

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LOL Nanner maybe you'll make it through raising yours without having to deal with the little bugs that like to enter our lives through our kids! LOL

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Oh, Jen that's terrible for the little guy! Nothing worse than an itchy kid. I remember when all 3 of my girls got chicken pox at the same time, the youngest was only 11 months at the time, what a nightmare that was!

Now at the risk of sounding a little dim; ummm, what are chiggers?