• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SC Justice Antonin Scalia found dead

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead Saturday, CBS News has confirmed. A spokesperson for the U.S. Marshals said he appeared to die of natural causes.
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia found dead in Texas

This is a shock. My condolences go out to his family.

I guess the Obama administration will be in a rush to replace him just in case a republican becomes president.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of the titans, regardless how you view his politics.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When they keep refusing just keep repeating the mantra "Do your job."

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
After watching the debate I don't think there is any way they will approve anyone until the next president takes office. Unless he nominates someone like Scalia.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
When the Republicans say the next president should be the one to nominate Scalia's successor, I understand the political reasons behind it. But what practical, non-partisan justification is there to not allow the sitting president to carry out his duties? I just don't understand the rationale from a non-political perspective. If they're not even going to try to hide the politicization of the Supreme Court, then what hope is there.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obama was elected twice. The people of the US of A spoke in that regard. He has every right, and the duty to nominate a justice.