Saving Time

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by ysabel, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Can we really save time?

Doesn't it just passes whether we like it or not?

It's not like money. Money, if you don't spend it, can be saved and put to use for later. Time, if you don't spend it, just passes. We always have the same number of hours per day, days per week, weeks per year...

Therefore we can't save time, we can only spend it. But why do we always hear about "saving time"?

Discuss.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I guess 'saving time' is just a way of saying 'using time efficiently'. Like you said, we can't store time and save it for later use, so maybe we should stop using that phrase.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Well, if I want to say that I've saved time, its if I do a job quickly and now I have time to do another job that I would have had to do later. And now that I did both, that time I would have otherwise had to of used for it is now free to use for something else.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Usually when i say "saving time" I'm usually meaning that I took less time to do something than I could have, yeah you can definitely save time.

We had an interesting discussion about time in English class last week, it's something that is created by man, time was created with the first clock, before then time was nothing things just were. (just an interesting way to put it for those of you who care)

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Like everyone said already, saving time to me means doing something more efficiently so there's time leftover to do other things.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I think that this statement is very indicitive of modern society.

We hope we can do things efficiently so that we have time to do more things. I think we stay way too busy sometimes.

No one worries about having extra time to sit quietly...even free time is spent texting, working, on the internet, etc.

7. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Saving time is reference to modern society moving at a faster rate that all work must be fit in to finish before a deadline.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You can't save time, you can just make the best use of the time you have. I've often wished there were more hours in a day because I wanted to do so much but couldn't. I wish my body didn't get so tired at a certain time either.