• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Saving Money

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you have a piggy bank/money box or do you keep all of your money in the bank?

I am pretty bad when it comes to saving money. I only have one bank account and it's practically empty once all my bills have gone out each month.
The money for bills that my boyfriend gives me is kept in a safe place, but not as safe as a bank. I should probably put it in there. That said, I spend all of it each month. If I didn't have it in the house then maybe I'd manage to save more.

At work I have a money box and each time I have 1p or 2p coins I put them in there. Once it gets full I take it to the bank and change it to notes.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have some money that mom has saved in my name but practically it is her money since she's the only one using it.

I don't have a bank account with my own money. I'm bad at saving money.

diva

Registered Member
no, :(. i don't have a piggy bank and tend to spend all of my salary. no matter how much i try to save it, i can't. that's pretty scary because i don't know what'll happen in the future.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I currently have no job and no income at all so it's hard to save. I have a bank account with a few grand stored in there but at the moment that number is going down and not being replenished which makes me nervous. I really need to get another job soon. I'm okay at saving money... I just try to limit my ATM visits. It's when I go to ATM's too often that I start draining the account.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I am really bad. There are days where I just leave both my credit card and bank card at home so I don't spend anything. I think I'm going to start taking a dollar to work everyday day because I could eat a cup of ramen for thirty cents. If I do that, I bet I would save a shit ton.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I am really bad. There are days where I just leave both my credit card and bank card at home so I don't spend anything. I think I'm going to start taking a dollar to work everyday day because I could eat a cup of ramen for thirty cents. If I do that, I bet I would save a shit ton.
30 cents! You lucky bastard! I don't think there's anything in my entire country worth 30 cents! I'm so jealous right now. I can spend up to $6 for just a sandwhich at the lunch places near my school. And for an instant cup of noodles like you speak of it would never be under 1 dollar, probably something like $2.50 on average.
Is it seriously 30 cents where you are? That's it! I'm moving.

Iris

rainbow 11!
lol Yes. 28 if I use my discount. :p It is only one flavor. I have found the same flavor at a gas station for over a dollar. I'm lucky, I will probably eat two a shift, but if I'm only spending 60 cents opposed to six dollars, I'm happy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to be so much better at saving money when I was still in High School. I tend to spend a lot of money when I go out during the weekends, but I have a pretty good paying job so I can still save up my money for the future.

I put all my money in the bank, and try to gain interest on that money. It's a good investment.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
lol Yes. 28 if I use my discount. :p It is only one flavor. I have found the same flavor at a gas station for over a dollar. I'm lucky, I will probably eat two a shift, but if I'm only spending 60 cents opposed to six dollars, I'm happy.
Hmm what's the flavour? That would probably limit me a lot. Being vegetarian I can't eat anything beef, chicken or pork flavoured etc and that's usually popular in these instant noodles.

Still very jealous. I think the cheapest noodles you can get here are the packets ones. They are always more expensive in a cup.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have two bank accounts, one is for personal saving and the other is my daily usage account so money can get paid into it, I get 200 dollars a fortnight for Youth Allowance and since I am not a big spender, the remaining I get till the next pay out, I put in the piggy bank and when that gets full, I put it in the other account.