• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sausage and Bean Casserole

Saffy

Registered Member
Sausage and Bean Casserole

8 sausages ( i think the original recipe called for Italian Sausages but i just use any, cumberland, speciality, i used sicilian last time:D)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped or crushed
1 green pepper de seeded and sliced
8 oz fresh tomatoes skinned and chopped* or 14oz can of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste( i have been known to use tomatoe puree)
14oz can of cannelinni beans, drained.

*tip: to skin tomatoes easily,cut a cross shape in the top and immerse them in a bowl of boiling water for a good ten minutes first.

Prick the sausages all over with a fork and cook them in two tablespoons of the sunflower oil in a large heavy based frying pan for around ten to fifteen minutes turning frequently until evenly browned and cooked through.
meanwhile in a large pan heat the remaining oil then add the onion, garlic and green pepper, cook for around 5 mins till soft. Add the tomatoes and let simmer for another 5 mins or so stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomato paste, cannelinni beans and add the sausages, then cook for another 5 mins. Add a few tablespoons of water if the mixture becomes too dry or even another small tin of tomatoes.
serve with mashed potatoes:D

Attachments

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
Oh yeah! Chef Saffy is at it again! I love sausages.....this recipe is sure to be a delight! Thanks. ;)