• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Saudi embassy torched in Tehran

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Protesters also broke in and tore up the offices. Arab Spring will probaly happen early this year.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/02/middleeast/saudi-arabia-executes-dozens-terror/

Saudi Arabia executed 47 "terrorists" in one day but how many were really terrorists?

In 2011 the Shiite cleric Nimr al-Nimr told the BBC that he advocated political change using words not weapons.
He was accused of ramming a Saudi Security vehicle.
The only evidence in the case was witnesses that were never at the hearings.
His lawyer wasnt even allowed to be at some of those hearings.

The US, EU, UN, Iraq, and almost every country on the planet has condemned the trial and his execution. He was a top Shiite cleric and it will escalate tensions in the Middle East. It could even start new wars.
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Well yeah and I only added the stuff about the unfair trial for people that dont know what "justice" is like in the Middle East. It's even worse than Singapore or China.
But what makes this special is 47 people in only one day. Also they executed a peaceful Muslim cleric and that can start wars.

In the Middle East thats like killing a member of a royal family and it was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria that started WW1. So the whole Middle East could explode this year... again. Not good since the whole planet already has to deal with ISIS.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not defending SA, just pointing out Iran doesn't have lot of room to talk. They have been known to even execute children and their trials are just as unfair. They have 4 of our citizens right now, hope they don't get executed.

To me a clerics life isn't any more important than other people's lives.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Im not a fan of the "legal systems" in the Middle East either. But Im not an Arab or a Persian or even a Muslim and I totally dont get their kind of thinking. Its just show trials before they imprison or execute anyone they dont like.

And that Shiite clerics life isnt important to me either but it will be important to Shiites. But I read that the Saudis and the Iranians dont want it to escalate so maybe no new war... I hope. The violence in the Middle East is already way over the top.

EDIT.
Or maybe Im wrong. It doesnt seem to be de-escalating.
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-saudi-step-war-words-over-executed-shiite-074235479.html#

So maybe a new Arab-Persian war is starting?

Last edited: