• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Satoshi Kon has died

Malificus

Likes snow

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
OH MY GOD.

I can't believe I just found out about this. :dork: Like seriously.

Satoshi Kon is one of my favorite directors. Heck, my avatar is from his movie Paprika. I also liked his not-so-confusing works like Tokyo Godfathers. I own DVDs of his movies and series except Perfect Blue. Now I want to see it!!!

So this is how the news hit me. The annual Japan Expo in Paris is going to be held at the end of this month and I was checking out the programme. Then I got VERY excited when I saw "Satoshi Kon" :hyper: I thought he was visiting and I was ready to bring my stuff so he can sign them. And then I saw the word "tribute"....I thought, for what?

Then there's the news about how he died last year. WHAT?!!! Have I been living under the rock? Well when I saw the date, it made sense. I was on a cruise at that moment, away from any news of the world. When I came back, they had other news going on papers/net. I wondered why no one talked about it on GF and saw this thread buried with no replies (no wonder it got easily buried). I wish Mal had linked me, he knew I liked Satoshi. Anyway, so instead of making my own thread about him and my late discovery, I decided to just bump this thread so those who missed Mal's links could see them too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Video Games 14
Millz Bathroom Wall 5
Smelnick Bathroom Wall 0
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 26
V NFL 3