• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Satanic Techno song or Paranoid Delusion? YOU decide

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Ok a few years back my cousin and I were driving home from work and it was like 1 in the morning. We were getting bored so we turned on the radio and this crazy techno song came on the radio. We started to get into it even though we hate techno and all of the sudden the words of the song started and it was "Why do you even need to live at all?" repeated over and over again. Both him and I were in complete and utter shock we thought we were going crazy. Since then we have been searching for this song and no records of it existing can be found. We dont know what station it was on so dont bother asking. SO do you think him and I imagined this or did it really happen?

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Hah, sounds like a really bizarre experience... I think it was probably just a song, after all, theres a lot of weird underground techno out there, and depending where you are the night stations might have been just messing around and playing whatever they wanted.

I

IntheNet

Henskie said:
....all of the sudden the words of the song started and it was "Why do you even need to live at all?" repeated over and over again. Both him and I were in complete and utter shock we thought we were going crazy.
Points toward the need for greater control over the airways by the FCC; when the song of the year is something about "Hard being a Pimp" and obscenity runs rampant we need to crack down hard. The song you heard is no doubt a late night sneak in by DJs to warp minds... they need to be fired and radio station have their license revoked! Hit 'em in the wallet and they'll learn....

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Points toward the need for greater control over the airways by the FCC; when the song of the year is something about "Hard being a Pimp" and obscenity runs rampant we need to crack down hard. The song you heard is no doubt a late night sneak in by DJs to warp minds... they need to be fired and radio station have their license revoked! Hit 'em in the wallet and they'll learn....
I'm sure there's a nationwide epidemic of people killing themselves because they heard "why do you even need to live at all" in a techno song on the radio. psh

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Plus the fact that it was on at like 1 in the morning and how many people listen to the radio at 1 am? not too many

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
but still I'd like to see what that song would sound like.

very curious....

Blur

iPimp
fuck the FCC. i say the radio should play whatever the hell it wants and if youre offended go shove it.

and sounds like a wierd experience bud

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Blur said:
fuck the FCC. i say the radio should play whatever the hell it wants and if youre offended go shove it.
This deserves positive rep.

If you do happen to find the song, send me a PM with a link where I can find it. Sounds like something interesting to listen to whilst playing Hidden & Dangerous 2 at 2am

I

IntheNet

Blur said:
Just radio Blur? Okay for radio to do what they went? How about other things? Your neighbor wish to put in a Town Dump next door to your house? Do "whatever the hell" they want? That okay? "If your offended go shove it" eh? How about the guy seated next to you on airplane? If he wants to smoke a Cuban stoogie, do "whatever the hell he wants"? That okay? "If your offended go shove it" eh?

Oh wait...You'll concur with some limitation but not others? Is that what you're thinking?

Society makes rules to govern itself. That is called civilization... Radio stations palying obscenity should be monitored, then subject to fine, then subject to revokation of broadcasting license. That's not an individual speaking but the FCC's charter...

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
IntheNet said:
Society makes rules to govern itself. That is called civilization... Radio stations palying obscenity should be monitored, then subject to fine, then subject to revokation of broadcasting license. That's not an individual speaking but the FCC's charter...
I agree that obscene songs should be monitored, but past midnight I don't imagine that many kids would be listening in. Also, I see nothing wrong with the song, all it says is "Why do you even need to live at all?". Personaly, to me, that doesn't affect me. But to those it does affect, I think it's not the fault of the song. Those people most likely have other issues they need to sort out. It's not normal for a healthy person to kill themself over a song.